With ownership comes responsibility. This is our deep moral conviction, hence we believe in supporting regional as well as global charitable and environmental projects.
As a Nuremberg company that identifies with its city and appreciates its people, culture and nature, we offer sponsorship to local clubs, schools, and social and charitable institutions.
Contact us and tell us about your organization and what it is aiming to achieve. We will be pleased to support any worthwhile projects with donations.
We are particularly proud of our partnership with Plan International.
Plan International is a non-profit child welfare organisation operating in 51 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Plan helps improve local living conditions in order that children and young people in the developing country can develop freely and healthily regardless of their origin, religion or the political situation.
Plan follows the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and is committed to improving the rights of children, protecting children and helping them to have a safe and happy childhood wherever they are in the world. Find out more about the organisation and sponsorship program, which we would like also to encourage your company to participate in.
The five children we sponsor live in Liberia, one of the poorest countries in the world.
A country of extremes, with a six-month rainy season during which there are numerous floods and a dry season which lasts from mid-October to April, resulting in a fatal shortage of drinking water for the population.
- The consequences of the civil war in 1990 and the recent EBOLA crisis in 2014 - 2016 are still evident.
- The water and sanitation supply is inadequate: people collect water from rivers and there are few latrines. That is why many children and families have to go into the surrounding bush to relieve themselves.
- Inadequate basic medical services: 17 percent of child deaths were due to malaria in the past, 20 percent of these were preventable, hygiene-related diseases such as diarrhoea and cholera. Fewer than half of all births were attended by a health professional and this has led to a high (and still increasing) maternal mortality rate.
- Education: Access by children to a qualified pre-school and primary school education is limited. For small children there is a lack of pre-school facilities. Neither nurseries nor trained teachers are available.
- Children's rights: Children's rights as measured by European standards do not exist. Children are considered to be man's inheritance and property, are often abused and many girls are victims of female circumcision and early marriage. They start school late and have to leave school prematurely against their will.
- Income and nutrition: More than 70% of the population does not eat regular meals.
The programmes, that Plan carries out together with the local population have a positive impact on the lives of the children, their families and communities.
- Education: Plan has helped to improve access to qualified basic education. 20 school buildings were constructed with three classrooms in which the children are given a basic education within a shorter period of time.
- Water: To improve the drinking water supply, Plan installed 43 hand pumps.
- Children's rights: 15 children’s rights clubs and 20 sponsorship clubs were founded in schools and communities in order to raise awareness in the local population about the issues affecting children. Projects like "Girl Power" and "Psychosocial" pay particular attention to the female population.
We would be delighted if we have inspired you to support Plan International. More information about Plan and the sponsorship program can be found here.
With the support of our customers, we want to continue our partnership with Plan over the next few years to help address the challenges described above and to help the children, their families and communities to meet their needs.
Together we can achieve positive change in Liberia to bring a smile to the children’s faces.