Regardless of how important the liquidation of unused, old or defective IT systems and components is for business, when these systems are sold or divested, the data stored on them represents an enormous security risk.
When data on computer and server hard drives, SSDs, and on smartphones, tablets and memory cards are deleted by formatting, this means that only the direct file path is erased, but not the actual data. We use certified erasure tools from our partner blancco, the market leader in data erasure, to completely erase the data.
Using the tools available to us, we can guarantee certified, protocolled data erasure ranging from HDD, SSD, memory cards, flash drives and server environments to large virtualised data centres. Data erasure is carried out on your premises, if you prefer, or on erasure systems in our company.
In March 2013, the erasure procedure was adapted to the required standards of BSI-2011-VS of the German Federal Office for Information Security (Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI)), presented to the Technical Inspection Association (TÜV), and was the first to be officially certified as an erasure tool. Particular attention is paid to documentation in the form of tamper-proof data erasure reports. This is just one of a long list of approvals for specific countries previously granted to blancco, who shortly before had been granted approval to this effect for the public sector in the USA and Great Britain.
Supported data carriers and environments
- Smartphones, tablets
- Flash memory
- USB sticks
- SD cards
- Microdrive hard drives
- CompactFlash cards
- Virtual machines
- Logical drives (LUNs)
- Physical and virtual environments
Supported operating systems
Types of erasure procedures
- Multi-device erasure on active and deactivated devices
- Erasures on individual active and deactivated devices
- Selective erasure on individual devices
- Selective erasure of specific data
How you benefit
Control and compliance with security requirements
- Secure data erasure
- Proof of erasure for internal and external audits
- Proof and compliance with security requirements including ISO 27001, ISO 27040, PCI DSS, HIPAA, FedRAMP and NIST
- Creation of tamper-proof erasure reports
- SI-2011-VS on the basis of the technical guideline „Requirements for Overwriting Data Carriers“ (BSI-TL 03423)
Compliance with data security requirements
- Automatic creation of erasure reports as proof of compliance with requirements and industrial standards such as PCI DSS, HIPAA and SOX etc.
- Tamper-proof auditable erasure reports
Secure erasing on the basis of BSI guidelines
- Secure data erasure procedures in line with BSI-2011-VS
- Identification and erasure/removal of remapped sectors
- Proof of erasure compliant with audits
Compliance with security regulations and verification
- Digitally signed and tamper-proof erasure reports provide complete verification of testing
- Detailed information about the erasure of every hard drive
- Details of hardware devices in the report
Simple, efficient erasure